Thursday, February 07, 2008

Ron captured this beautiful rainbow yesterday on his way home from work...This is one of the many reasons I love living in Oregon!

I put some finishing touches on my little collaged heart pins that I made at Art House and told you about a week or so ago. ..Here they are!

These were so much fun and so very easy to make! I used some paper I had designed and created with dye inks and brayers on chiri Thai kozo paper to cover the first heart. I am thinking about creating a patina on the wings but haven't made up my mind yet. What do you think?

By the way, if you haven't used this wonderful paper yet, you might want to give it a try...Once decorated, you can use it for giftwrap, collage and modge-podging just about anything!

I used various colors of pastel tissue papers and bits of an old paper placemat on the second heart. The little doo-dads you see on both the first and second heart are different sizes of red Diamond Dots.

The third heart is covered with a multi-colored tissue-like paper that had a few dark brown Oriental-looking marks on it. I embellished it with some jewel-like doo dads that I found laying on my worktable waiting to find a new home.

I received a lovely surprise in the mail yesterday! My friend Gwen (you remember, the one who brought me the oh-so-pretty tulips when she came over for lunch last week) sent me one of her beautiful collaged greeting cards wishing Ron and I a great time in Mexico. See for yourself if you agree with me about how beautiful it is...

We will be in La Paz, Todo Santos and Loreto for 10 wonderful days of sea, sun and simplicity...and Ron surprised me tonight with an early Valentine's Day gift of a new digital camera so I can take lots of photos to share with you!

Well, I'm off to finish a couple of crocheted scarves I started last year thanks to my friend Carol showing me how while we were at the beach this past weekend. I am counting myself so very fortunate to have such artsy and sharing friends!

No comments: