Wednesday, February 06, 2008

It snowed at our house while I was away at a mini beach retreat over the weekend, and it just melted yesterday...What a pretty site it was to come home Monday evening to a few inches of snow on the front and back lawns!

My friends and I had such a great time at our little retreat. It was one of those weekends where everything just fell into place! Loading the car was a breeze, we saw a beautiful rainbow from one end to the other on the drive over, the weather was in our favor the whole time we were there, our antique shopping was very rewarding and the abundance of food we took was all very delicious and easy to prepare.

We talked, laughed, cried, walked on the beach, shopped, played with our arts and crafts projects and enjoyed an impromtu vintage pin/pendant workshop led by Jennifer as we created very fond memories for years to come. Here is a photo of the piece I made from an antique spice tin...

This was so very fun and easy to make...I can see some things I would do different next time (like not put the faux rivets across the top of the lettering, and maybe put two rows underneath "Seattle" instead) but I am very happy with my first attempt! I just have to add a pin backing with a bale on it, and I will be able to wear it as a pin or a pendant. Jennifer is a very apt and patient instructor, and we felt very fortunate to have her offer to teach us this great project!

While I was away having a grand time with my gal pals at the beach, Ron was out and about taking some great photos in the snow. Here is one for your viewing pleasure...

No comments: