Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A very happy, healthy, creative and prosperous New Year is in my thoughts for us all, and 2008 finds me re-organizing my studio. Once this is complete, I will start giving the garage a shakedown to make room for some bigger, messier work I want to do this summer.

Ron, has really been enjoying photographing wildlife...He found a couple of Osprey nests this summer not too far from home, and we enjoyed going out and watching/taking photos of the parents feeding and caring for their offspring and watching as the chicks learned to fly and hunt for food on their own. The photo below of a young Osprey shaking the water off of his feathers after having unsuccessfully plunged into the river for a fish is one of my favorites. If you'd like to see the whole pictoral story of him learning to hunt for his own food, go to
http://www.ron.guillen.com/osprey/sh/7-31a/

Ron is also currently taking photos of some Eagles and their nests...I will post photos later.

He is also participating in a photographic scavenger hunt through an online group. One of my favorites of his shots on the hunt list is this one of grape candy...

As for me, I am making very slow progress on getting my studio re-organized...I have so many thoughts in my head about creative projects but don't seem to be able to get past the part about getting organized so I can start making them a reality! :~)

No comments: