Monday, January 21, 2008

It's a really beautiful day (sunny & crisp) here, so I'm off for a walk to my local coffee house soon. Just wanted to stop by here to say hello and that I hope everyone had a pleasant weekend...

Saturday I started my sequin 'splosion bracelet using Swarovski crystal sequins, and it is very sparkly! I am having great fun with it, and hope to finish it this week...Seems like I hear myself say this a lot! :~)

Art House met Saturday evening, and we had lots of fun collaging on little heart pins that Sylvia so generously supplied for us. We used tissue and other papers, photos, paper place mats, golden wings, small buttons and a slew of other goodies on them. I'm still playing around with mine, and will share photos of them with you once they are done.

Yesterday I enjoyed an art supply shopping trip with a friend who says she has never done anything artsy/craftsy. We will be getting together this coming weekend to play with polymer clay. It's always fun to share an art or craft technique with someone who hasn't experienced it before!

Here are the photos Ron took this weekend of the vintage button bracelets I was telling you about...


The buttons I used in the top and bottom bracelets are diachroic, and sorry to say, you can't see the shimmer too well here. The top one is my favorite. Maybe because it was my first or possibly because I used smaller seed beeds to cover the jump rings. If you feel so inlcined, would love to hear which one you like best and why!

These were fun to make but a little rough on the hands because the jump rings that hold the bracelet together have to go through some fairly small holes in the pony (the bigger, black) beads. I tried making my own jump rings with a smaller gauge wire but the heavier gauge is needed for strength. I also looked for some pony beads with larger holes but haven't found any yet. Any of you out there know where I might find some?

Look at this wonderful photo of a Blue Heron Ron took this weekend...Looks like he/she is all hunched down trying to stay warm, don't you think!

Ok, off to take that walk and get my coffee drink now...Be talking with you soon!

2 comments:

CarolCot said...

Enjoying your blog! I love the top one but that is my fav color these days. I do agree I like the smaller seed beads, but depending on the buttons there may be times the larger beads seem more appropriate.

Primrose & Tumbleweeds said...

Hello Lynn - I found you! Your button bracelets are beautiful. My favorite is the one in the center, I really like the shape of the buttons and the neutral colors of the bracelet. Ron's photographs are wonderful - the blue heron is amazing! You can see my Arthouse hearts on my blog.
Enjoy the sunshine today.