Saturday, January 12, 2008

Welcome! This is my first blog, and I have to say I feel a little intimidated but here goes...

I am a mixed media artist & crafter who has enjoyed being creative through choreography, hand-built ceramics, graphic design, Soul Collage, precious metal clay, printmaking, collage, paper making, paper design, acrylics, recycled assemblag
e, and recently, beading.

I really love putting different shades of colors or different colors, textures, sizes, and shapes of beads together to create a piece of jewelry that can help a woman feel more beautiful and playful when she wears it.


The Portland Art Collective is a group of 25 woman whom I feel very fortunate to be amongst and who continuously inspire, support and challenge me. We experienced our 1st annual "Open Doors 2007" show and sale on Dec 7th and 8th...it was a lot of hard work, a whole bunch of fun and very successful! Here is how it looked just prior to the front doors opening...

This is how my display of goodies looked...

Art House is another group I enjoy...we meet once a month for a demo led by an attendee who wants to share her artsy knowledge with others. This is where I was invited to facilitate a Soul Collage session, have been reminded how to make polymer clay canes, to creatively cover a journal with embossed metal tape and to make a bracelet with vintage buttons...what creative times I have had in 2007!

No comments: