Thursday, January 17, 2008

One of my goals is to start posting to my blog at least 5 days a week...I don't think this will be difficult because I really do enjoy it!

Amongst those things most precious to me is my dear, sweet (sometimes snotty) cat Mia. Here is a photo Ron took of Ms Mia for your viewing pleasure...


Anyone who has met Mia (or heard her in the background when I am talking to them on the phone) will attest to the fact that she is very vocal! She lets us know right at 5am, 12pm, 5pm and 10pm that it is time to feed her, and she continues to "talk" at us relentlessly until we do!

Ms Mia rules our home, and (like most cats) she can be the sweetest, loving kitty one minute and do 180 degree turnaround before you can blink! We love her, regardless, and have even postponed adding a dog to our family because we know she won't take to the idea much at all. Like I said...she does rule!

I have been thinking about other photos I would like to post here and, while digging into old computer files, I came up with a pre-digital camera photo of a seven foot mermaid who allowed me to bring her to life via paper mache when I was taking a 3-D art class several years back. Her name is Bernadetta, and I apologize for the poor photograph but you can at least get the general idea...

When I fist started this project, my plan was to make about a foot tall, red heart with short arms and legs that would allow it to sit on the edge of a table. I felt like I didn't have much say-so, though, as the heart began evolving into this very tall, very purple mermaid...Can you tell where the heart gave way to becoming Bernadetta?!

She was hanging from our ceiling when this photo was taken, where she resided until I donated her to the Y just before moving to Oregon. Bernadetta was to be sealed with a protective finish and hung from the ceiling in the indoor pool area where the kids take swimming lessons. I think of her from time to time, and hope she is being treated well.

Hmmm, the weekend is creeping up on us, and I hope Ron will find the time to take some photos of the three vintage button bracelets I finished recently so that I can upload them for you to see. Until then, here is one of the more intricate bracelets I really enjoyed playing with and watching evolve in 2007...

I learned this "Kandra's Ripple Bracellet" pattern from a great instructor, Bonnie Mountain, who teaches at Bodacious Beads in Hillsboro. This is the same pattern I used for the red and purple bracelet I shared with you yesterday. I'll be joining Bonnie again this Saturday to create a Sequin 'Splosion bracelet with Swarovski vintage sequins, and I look forward to sharing it with you sometime soon!

No comments: